Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's Day!

So I have been sitting here for the past hour trying to Nico that she needs to go back to bed before I have to get up again with McKenna and JJ. Yes, she just finally nodded off! Anyway back to my wonderful April Fool's Day or my birthday.

I have to start off by saying I have the greatest family and friends. I received phone calls, emails, and posts on FB all day long. As KT said, "it is nice to know someone is thinking about you." Thank you to everyone. I have to give a HUGE shout-out to Becca for arranging my somewhat of a surprise birthday dinner with Matt. Thanks for watching the kids so we could go and eat some yummy sushi!

As for the funny jokes courtesy of Heather and Becca, way to go ladies. Yes I was surprised when I sat down to use the bathroom, I will leave it at that (SaranWrap)...and when I told the kids to get ready for bed 20 minutes early. McKenna walks into our room and asked, "what time does your clock say? Why does the clock in my room say something different?" Matt, "the time on the tv must be wrong, I wonder what is going on?" This is when I start to laugh hysterically knowing that the fun hasn't ended yet.

Heather you shouldn't have told me that there was another surprise and I would find out what it was in the morning-giggle, giggle. It took me about 2 seconds to check the alarm-3am.....Matt and I had a really good laugh about that one.

Thanks to everyone for making my birthday such a wonderful day, especially to my sweet kids and hot husband:) Kenna I loved my breakfast and all the thought that went into it. JJ you rock my little man, and Nico thank you for finally going to sleep.

3 comments:

Heats said...

I didn't tell you, you just have some weird sense. I don't even know how you got it. All I said was, "Have a good night!" or something like that. Dang. I am glad you had a good birthday. We love you!

becca said...

I'm glad you had a great day! I hope all the fun made up for Nico crying! I love you!

Becky O said...

Happy Birthday Shannon!! Better late than never, right? So a little piece of advice, next year keep Heather and Becca out of your house on April Fools. Of course if they were watching your kids so you can go on a date, that is worth pee on the bathroom floor and a 3 am surpirse. Love ya!