Friday, April 17, 2009

My Hometown Hero


This post is dedicated to my Hometown Hero, my awesome hubby. Matt never ceases to amaze me. He is such a dedicated and loving husband and dad; so it is no surprise that that dedication can be seen in other aspects of his life i.e. cycling, work, etc...

As many of you already know Matt's mom was diagnosed with CLL-Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. She is undergoing a battery of tests to determine the cause but seems to be holding up quite well. As a result of this diagnosis Matt has decided to raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation through their "Hometown Hero" project.

For several years Matt has been an avid cyclist. Again his dedication to his training is quite remarkable. For the past several years he has raced the LOTOJA which is a one day 206 mile race from Logan, UT to Jackson, WY. Talk about a sore bottom! Needless to say my husband inspires me to be a better person.

It is no surprise when I say that Matt is an extremely private person so I am even more proud of him for putting himself out there. Now that I have written a small paper I just want to give a BIG shout-out to my Hometown Hero who just happens to look really HOT in stretchy pants!! I love you Matt!

If any of you are interested in learning more about Matt's cause just log onto http://www.huntsmancancerfoundation.org/netcommunity/lotoja2009

3 comments:

Jenni said...

What an awesome thing Matt is doing for his mom. Our prayers are with her.

Michele said...

What a great cause! I think cancer has touch every family in one way (or many). Tell him he is a stud! He is also a lucky guy to have youu because you are amazing!

Becky O said...

Way to go Matt. What an awesome thing to get involved in. I need to get my husband some hot stretchy shorts too!!