Sunday, August 30, 2009

Toothfairy

So last night before bed both McKenna and JJ came in to tell me that they had a loose tooth. Being the designated tooth-puller in the family I informed both of them that the teeth were ready to come out. McKenna and JJ of course were both nervous that it was going to hurt; I explained to them how good I have become at pulling teeth over the years and soon their fears subsided, somewhat.

McKenna was first and by the time I had pulled her tooth out she was wondering when I was going to start. Aaah, the magic touch. Maybe I should take up a career in the field on dentistry....I think I will leave that to you Elisa.

Then JJ reluctantly stepped forward and his tooth came out easily despite the fact that he kept closing his mouth and leaning his head back so that I couldn't reach his tooth, silly boy! Of course the Toothfairy made an appearance at our home last night; I don't recall ever having my kids loose a tooth on the same night. Maybe it is karma....or all the sweets they are constantly wanting to consume. Oh well, they were both excited to wake up to money under their pillows.

By the way in the picture they are both trying to show off the gaps where their teeth used to be; they look like they are just being silly. Gotta love 'em.

3 comments:

Michele said...

That is really cool they lost their teeth on the same day. How often does that happen- never! Awesome picture, love the expressions.

Jenni said...

Wow, the tooth fairy is so on the ball at your house! Ours usually forgets and then comes the second night, my kids are used to it and don't usually expect the money until then. How sad is that??

Kathy said...

Wow - you guys have a really great tooth fairy! Ours always gets lost, stuck in traffic, puts the money waaaaay under the bed............. Hmmmmm, maybe we need the Cedar Hills toothfairy! Cool they lost teeth on the same day! Full moon? Oh, and I think I've seen you make both of those faces when you run or bike! Hee! Hee! Kidding!!!!! I love you!!!